• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Got ATi 4Silencer 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vortexkrow

Just got Ati silencer 4 sitting infront of me just about to stick it on , then im gonna OC my videocard from 530/601 Whats a program that reads your video temps?

Thanks!

I think your ATItool should read the temp.

I don't know if there is an aftermarket software that can do that.

It doesnt seem to make a differencen in overclocking, i cant go any higher :'( why is this,
The pc just freezes!

Edit:I think it wasnt worth gettin the VGA cooler now!

Well let's see you've already OC'ed your card from 475 to 530 on the core and from 900 to 1208 on the memory. How much more do you want?

Artic vga silencer doesnt promise higher oc's, just better temps than stock...i dont think your doing to badly. I bet your temps at that oc have drastically dropped. Have you volt modded your card? you may have just reached the cards limit....

Vortexkrow do you notice if the card is pushing the hot air out of pulling the air in?

I notice it is pulling the air in from the back of the case...

and the fan spins this way (which I think it is the wrong way):

oddproblem.jpg

Computer Maniac :)

You should have bought the ati silencer 4 Plus

Attachments

• 0000000.JPG
    0000000.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 805
Just make sure under size the cut out so the fan snaps in place.
theres no extra noise with both fans on, the rackmount fan is 4500 rpm
excellent exhaust now idle is 38 c load after doom or farcry for an hour is under 50c

this would work nicely on the vga silencer

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
wow thats awesome....i think i might need to do that with mine:) what did you use to cut it out?

Vortexkrow said:
It doesnt seem to make a differencen in overclocking, i cant go any higher :'( why is this,
The pc just freezes!

Edit:I think it wasnt worth gettin the VGA cooler now!

I disagree, without Silencer4, my ram would only go up to 320. Now it does easy 345, starts artifacting at about 350. So i'd say my investemet was worth it, not to mention thats temps probably are way down too compared to the little stock fan that was on it before :attn: :D

where are these silencers availeble? i see people getting them, but i cant find them anywhere :s is this one of the downsides of me living in europe? :p

btw: awesome mod!

OBLIVIONLORD said:
So all you basicly did was cut out that plastic piece and added a fan to the huge heat sink?

Did you figure this out by your self? never claimed this was one hard mod to
complete,Its simple and great cooling results with no noise.

When you start a thread with {So all you basicly did} I sence a bit of sarcasm

PLOBBY I used 6 inch by 1/4 hacksaw blade with some tape around the blade
remember that is a 6 inch blade 2 inches bigger than OBLIVIONLORDS winky ;)

Last edited:
xiaolanhua said:
tic01, which way does your fan spin? clockwise or count-clockwise...

Thank you very much!!!

Computer Maniac :)

The vga silencer spins counter clockwise

The new ati silencer spins clockwise

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 606
Back