• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 256-512mb USB Thumb Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

I am looking fior the Best 256-512mb USB Thumb Drive. Like what brands are good with better features. I would like one that has a password on it. I wnt USB 2.0 and it should be small

I prefer the M-Systems DiskonKey. They are durable, exceptionally fast(many 2.0 keys are compatible, not certified) and have a very good software suite. The password is secure, using a almost impossible to crack encryption method. Some other manufacturers have had issues with this lately. Lexar's passwords were stored using XOR based encryption and could be easily cracked. M-Systems' current generation of keys is solid and has an unusual feature. The data going into the secured partition will be read and written at the same speed as to a non encrypted partition.

I use a Kingston DataTraveler. Its no-frills, but works great and works fast. It doesn't have any password protection, though. So if you need security, look elsewhere like DiskonKey as Xaoctic recommended.

Back