• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia or ati

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

im looking for 8x agp and the best bang for the buck ....

i will be overclocking it to the fullest ( of course, hehehehe)

but i only have about 75-100 bucks to spend ...

i currently am running a ti4600 4x and would definelty hope for improvement .. although to me the t4600 isnt terrible it isnt what i want anymore ... just seems to glitchy and doesnt seem to keep up with my system ... basically the best card that will smack the ti4600 around a bit, well i hope ..lol

would a geforce 5700 compare to a ti4600 ?? or would i be wasting my time ..
ati is an option too...

What's the rest of your system....sadly your Ti4600 would require getting a 9800+ to even see a slight difference in speed :(, which is far out of that price range.

Sentential said:
What's the rest of your system....sadly your Ti4600 would require getting a 9800+ to even see a slight difference in speed :(, which is far out of that price range.
Exactly.There is no $100 card that will beat your TI4600.
Monster,his TI4600 is way faster than a 9600 also.

Last edited:
so really that whole 8x agp is a sales gimick ?? well im sure i could stretch a little mo money even though i really dont want to .... im building second system and no matter what i have to get another card .. should i just get another ti4600 or is there anything out there that will be at least a little better, for same price ? sorry for not knowing to much ... i just really dont know what would be better than what i have...

my sig below is only overclocked to 400 fsb .. until i get a big daddy fortron 530.. lol i know i dont need that big but what the heck

Your going to have to stretch that $100 close to $200 unless you buy something used or refurbished. Something like a Nvidia 5900XT or ATI 9800pro.

also who is best manufacturer of cards for geforce and ati

asus ? chaintech ? etc....

Back