• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Install Std VGA drivers first!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hutchin

Registered
i tryed to installed the drivers for my (saphire) rad 9600pro - and all it did was tell me i need to install "stadard vga drivers" first :-/

- whats going on with these "std vag drivers" - why cant i install my drivers !!

- i've googled on the subject, but not found any real anserws, only people asking for them, - help!!

daniel

Seems like XP is may not be detecting your v/card properly .

Check in "devise manager" to see if any v/card is present ; if not install the standard drivers first so a v/card is recognized by XP . Then install you 9600 Cat drivers .

what do you mean "install the std drivers first" ?

- device mangar pics up the card (twice actually, once for each output) and give a code 1 error [device in not configure proberly, plese reinstalled drivers]

- if i try and "add new hardware" and install the windows drivers that way, its missing a *.sys file, is on the driver CD that came with the card, and if i point it at that file, it all installs fine, but at the end, insted of sayeding "device installed or what ever" it syaed "data error, device not installed"

- this is so stupid, why are ATI drivers soo badly designed :eek:

- why do none of the drivers work!!!!

well, ive managed to fix it - the regisatry key wasnt giving it full control

- thanks ne way

Back