• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigaworks S750 vs. Kiplich 5.1 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazin Trav

I am leaning towards the 7.1 since I have an Audigy 2 ZS.

A bit of help please? A review said they preferred the Klipsch because it sounded better at highs and was a cleaner sound, whereas the 7.1 had more bass.

So are you from teh Xoxide forums?

There is only 1 game that I know of that uses 7.1 sound right now so the choice is yours. If you would rather have more bass then I would look at some logitechs but if cleaner sound is what you want then the Klipsch would be best for you.

Turd Furguson said:
So are you from teh Xoxide forums?

There is only 1 game that I know of that uses 7.1 sound right now so the choice is yours. If you would rather have more bass then I would look at some logitechs but if cleaner sound is what you want then the Klipsch would be best for you.

Sadly yes I am from the Xoxide Forums. I listen to a lot of music mostly and play games, so that would be the primary purpose, not so much movies... but I hear the 7.1 setup has all sorts of DTS goodies.

So, anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited:
Blazin Trav said:
I am leaning towards the 7.1 since I have an Audigy 2 ZS.

A bit of help please? A review said they preferred the Klipsch because it sounded better at highs and was a cleaner sound, whereas the 7.1 had more bass.

Well, keep in mind that while a particular reviewer may have thought a pair of speakers sounded one way, you may find them to sound quite differently. Especially when you consider that your room setup will probably not be like his.

Blazin Trav said:
Sadly yes I am from the Xoxide Forums. I listen to a lot of music mostly and play games, so that would be the primary purpose, not so much movies... but I hear the 7.1 setup has all sorts of DTS goodies.

So, anyone have a suggestion?

If you don't listen to many movies, I dont really see the need for 7.1 speakers, at least not at this point. As someone else said there was a game with 7.1 support, but IMO it would probably sound fine with 5.1

Also, DTS is only present in movies (its a lossy compression format), so it wont do you much good for gaming or music (unless you have a DTS audio cd which is quite rare).

Azzkiller said:
If you don't listen to many movies, I dont really see the need for 7.1 speakers, at least not at this point. As someone else said there was a game with 7.1 support, but IMO it would probably sound fine with 5.1

Also, DTS is only present in movies (its a lossy compression format), so it wont do you much good for gaming or music (unless you have a DTS audio cd which is quite rare).

Right. I guess what I was getting at is for the 5.1 price I can get 7.1. Is there a site that shows the audio frequencies on a chart? I guess I should go do Best Buy and see if they have the speakers and listen myself huh.

I listened to the Gigaworks you can tell they were made for computers. Where the Klipsch actually sound like home theature speakers. It took me a month to decide what speakers i wanted. I listened to the Gigaworks at Fry's i listened to the Logitech Z-680 the Logitech Z-5300 and the Klipsch. Gigaworks sound like the 680 with more power, And the Klipsch have both bass and mid and high's. There all good speakers and eveyone keep saying get the 680 there better speakers. I decided on Klipsch there crisp and remind me of sitting in a theature. I have played games and DVD's on them to check them out. If you looking for something that hit hard go for the Gigaworks or the 680 they hit harder really hard. Hope this helps.

Lotec25

Lotec25 said:
I listened to the Gigaworks you can tell they were made for computers. Where the Klipsch actually sound like home theature speakers. It took me a month to decide what speakers i wanted. I listened to the Gigaworks at Fry's i listened to the Logitech Z-680 the Logitech Z-5300 and the Klipsch. Gigaworks sound like the 680 with more power, And the Klipsch have both bass and mid and high's. There all good speakers and eveyone keep saying get the 680 there better speakers. I decided on Klipsch there crisp and remind me of sitting in a theature. I have played games and DVD's on them to check them out. If you looking for something that hit hard go for the Gigaworks or the 680 they hit harder really hard. Hope this helps.

Lotec25

Yes. Most agree this is how both sound, so I think I am going with the Kipsch Ultras, besides I don't know if I have enough room in my room for 7.1. Either way I don't think I can go wrong. I'm not getting the 680's because I hear that after a few years they have problems, and I'm not impressed by the frequency response of the 680s.

yea the set of 680 i heard in the store was crackling guy even told me after about a year there gone. same with the Logitech Z-560 they sounded really good but after some use they crackle when you turn the volume nobe up and down the 680 did it when i would adjust the bass. Logitech has good speakers i think i had the z5300 and they worked great never had a problem. Good luck

Lotec25

Update:

I bought the 750s from someone on eBay for $370. I am most likely going to buy Pay Pal's protection plan so if anything goes wrong I can get my money back.

Last edited:
Back