• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building on a proven theme/game play?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paladine

Registered
You know as long as I can recall, those games that have made the top of the charts in whatever genre they fell under were never realized or utilized into others games of the same genre! Why is that?

What do I mean you ask? Well a few years ago there was this hit game called Homeworld, with its new style of game/strategy play it could have been put to use in some many other games. Like why not use the same game style in a new Star Wars - Rebellion game. :eek: The old Rebellion was a fun game, but would it not be cool to have it play like Homeworld? :eek:

I know that my statement is not grand sweeping, since Quake, Unreal, and Doom engines have been exploited all of the place. But why is it other genres are not as equally exploited?

And for that matter why does Game Producers like EA ruin games by crippling the good stuff??. ex. NFS Hot Pursuit was a fun game at the time, but the NFS HP 2 comes out and multiplayer is only you versus your friend, and not with cops chancing you or other cars to compete against? :cry:

It just burns me that good solid games get ruin, or are never exploited to the next level! Or worse yet, Lucas Arts creates games that are so graphically poor they ruin the game play? :mad: Well at least the games I have played recently by them. Maybe battlefront is better?????

Just my opinion mind you! :bang head

Well, Lucas Arts has done much, much worse things.

Like cancel Sam 'n' Max 2, 'cause we all know that the world needs yet ANOTHER Star Wars game :rolleyes:

Bitter? Me? Nooooooooo.

Back