• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do u get a CPU HS on a video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koss20100

I searched and searched for a guide NONE well maybe i didnt try hard enough anywayz any one have a guide or some thing about how to do it.. ive seen many pics of em on the modded video card gallary

??? anyone ???

slap it on there, make sure core is making good contact, if not you might have to dremel down around the core on the hsf or take off the shim. make sure it centered, put a pencil mark where the holes need to be tapped on the hsf for mounting. drill them, and use some bolts to secure.

hmm.. i heard if its light enough u can jus put some Arctic Silver and dont need screws has anyone done tht and exactly how light?

wht would i use to scrape tht stuff out from the gpu?

i mean dremel a chunk out of the heatsink so the shim will fit in with out removing it.

arctice silver is not adhesive unless your using artic alumina, and i still wouldn't trust. i would only consider doing it if it was anchored down with screws

Arctic alumna isnt adhesive either, but arctic silver adhesive and arctic alumna adhesive are adhesive.

That worked with old video cards, as the core wasnt exposed. It had a heatspreader of sorts. Modern ones have the core exposed. Imagine glueing your heatsink to your athlonxp and hanging it upside down! It would probably rip the core off.

GOOD POINT Yuriman ...

soo the only way is to screw it in and cut the HS ..

wht do i actually screw it on?

There should be two mounting holes (only about 2-3mm) where the stock heatsink was attacked, bolt through them.

Although you could just daisy chain zipties and then lash the heatsink to the card, If your system dosnt have a window That can be an effective and easy method.

Back