• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega 4.9s - where are my DirectX and OpenGL controls?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LtBlue14

Have the tabs for OpenGL and DirectX (or was it Direct3d?) been moved somewhere else? I want to change my AA and AF settings, but there isn't a tab!

go to display properties->settings tab->advanced->advanced3d tab

there are overclocking, directX, Opengl, and about tabs under this tab.

are you using the omegas? because there isn't an advanced3d tab in my control panel. Perhaps they didn't install properly...

the problem is pretty well documented on the driverheaven forums. what fixed it for me is:
1) uninstalling any existing drivers
2) uninstalling radlinker
3) reinstalling omega 4.9s
4) reinstalling radlinker

You use the latest radlink that installs with the latest omega drivers to tweak DX and OpenGL. Radlinker is actually a better tweak program for DX and OpenGL then what you were limited too with the original ATI control panels.

When done right, the latest Omega drivers will actually be faster and have better IQ then the OEM version drivers.

This new omega set is a huge improvement over the 2.5.67 set for me. I think CAT 4.8 just didn't work well in my system.

Back