• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video capture problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beanfondler

Registered
I've been trying to get some video footage that I have on tape, onto my hard drive. I have a Powercolor x800 pro vivo video card, I hooked up the camcorder to the video in, but when I've tried to "capture video" in the computer doesn't acknowlegde that the device is hooked up. I am fairly certain that I have updated all the video drivers. Also, the programs that I had used were Sony Vegas and Cyberlink multimedia or something like that. Oh yeah, I am running on Windows xp SP2, anything else you need to know, just ask. Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah it did, It came with Cyberlink Digital Multimedia launcher. It seems as though that is only meant to acknowlegde video devices connected through other means than video in, firewire ect... I have an sony handycam which has rca video/audio output (yellow connector) I know that It is sending a signal, becuase I can hook it up to the TV/VCR and what not. My VC came with a S-video connector that splits off to four plugins RCA video and S-Video in/out. Now I've hooked up the camcorder to the RCA video in, and both the provided software ( cyberlink ) and Sony Vegas do not acknowlegde that there is a connection.

What I want to know is wether or not it is possible to capture the video from an RCA video output. If so, how is that done? Do I need special drivers? Special programs? A four-leaved clover? magical midget?

Hmmmm did you get any ATI Mutimedia player software that is by "ATI" like ATI mutimedia player 8.0 or something like that

No, this is what it came with.

14-131-246-04.jpg

Back