• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sell my duron 750 for a 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i12bina3

would it be a good idea to sell my duron 750 for lets say 20$ + duron 600 ... a friend of mine has a duron 600 and he isnt going to OC it so i was thinking why dont i give him my 750 and he gives me his 600 with a little compensation

I just looked at pricewatch and the duron 750 can be bought new for $31.00
So getting $20.00 and a 600 for yours is a good deal.

ok im just guessing a price ... maybe it ll be only 10$
but would YOU do it? i know they OC great ... so i would easily get 750 out of it ... with some luck 900 or even higher :)
or dont you think so?
my 750 is now running at 840 @ 1.600vcore
but i cant seem to get higher

it could be a good deal for both of you. your friend will get a 750,
you will get one to play with. my first try with the 600 was good.
i got to 900, 150x6, 1.6v.

placid, bender help me with this ... just checked the stepping ... my duron 750 is an AKCA ... the stepping table tells me that baby can hit more than 1gig ... but i cant get over the 840 ... what should i do ... i want to get it higher but it just doesnt go

kt7e
duron 750 @ 840 (112*7.5 / still locked) @ 1.65vcore
cheapo hsf ... coolermaster @ 5000rpm ... but my cpu doesnt get that hot ... never above 47-48 (these temps i get after playing cs for about an hour or two )
two sticks of 128mb ram pc 133 ... one is corsair other is major third
TDK 16/10/40
Maxtor 7200rpm / 13gig
win2k sp2
thats about it
thx for trying to help me appreciate it
i did several posts about the problem to not go any higher with it but nobody noticed i guess

If you unlock it and your motherboard allows multiplier adjustments then you might be able to get more mhz out of it.

Not sure, I see Would71 running a duron 750 at 150mhz.
So I guess it should be possible.
Have you tried raising your cpu voltage when you raise your fsb yet he is using a vcore of 2.15v?
But maybe something like 1.9v could help you without too much heat.

If it was me I'd up the voltage to max (I'm assuming 1.85) and increase the multiplier but not before putting a better sink on the system. My sig chip's an AKCA and it runs a temp of 50c max (except during last month's heatwave when it hit 54c) but when I had it locked and running at 880mhz it was about 10c lower than yours at 840mhz. I know our setups aren't identical but the're fairly close so I'd expect your post overclock / overvolt temps to be around 60c, high enough to merit a better sink / fan.

Mine is a AKCA too, idle at 33-36 load at 45 - 48. try to connect the L7 to get 1.85 volt. maybe get a better HSF cuz u'll up the volt and the temp should be up. best to keep it below 50 or so.

Unfortunately not all Durons will run in the higher FSB range....atleast mine doesnt...I've got a 850 Duron and top end on the FSB is 116. Anything higher and no post. My voltage is as high as I can take it 1.85v, but I've seen others supposedly hitting the 150 range.....either higer voltage or better line of cpu's came off the line.
Anywho, just my two cents worth. ;)

I'd also just try it with the one stick of Corsair in it and put the other one to bed.It may be holding you up.

yes i tought that as well ... i will try that today
thx for all the help people ... i hope i can get it higher
i'll keep you informed

ok i got it running at 863 (115*7.5) @ 1.80vcore
my max temp is 50c after 50 burn ins with sandra ... but when i finish with the burn ins it just locks up ... strange or not?
im planning on buying a fop32 or should i buy something else?
some help would be great ... thx

it probably locks up because of you're temps. Temps in the 50's is not good. Another thing... why only 115 FSB? Can't you get it to go any higher?

euh thats just my problem ... didnt you read about it?
i cant go anyhigher it crashes everytime i go higher then 112fsb ...
im now running it at 115 with my case open and now it seems to be cool and stable ... max temp 42-43
but as soon as i close my case temps go to 50 and then the probs start

Back