• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Video Editing Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudpark41

I am going to be building a comp for my friend soon. He wants to do a lot of Video Editing on his system. So i picked out a ATI All in Wonder 9800 Pro.
That is a very good card for video editing right? Or is the extra money for it all going to be able to watch TV on it? Pretty much im asking if it has any Video Editing improvments over a regular ATI 9800 Pro.

The only reason to get a All in wonder for video editing is to have a capture card. If he has a older Camcorder then you need a capture card but he would prolly be better off getting a cheap video card and a seperate capture card. If he has a new camcorder that has firewire he doesnt even need a capture card. Just a cheap Video card. Please search the forums as this kind of question has been answered.

Video editing is nearly 100% cpu, so it realy doesnt matter. Just get something cheap and a tv tuner card if you want video capture.

if you want a good video editing card i would suggest a quadro fx4000,
it will rule all (and it is only like $1500 :))
ok well maybe not that one but the 9800 should work just fine.

~Magick_Man~

If you've already got your heart set on the 9800pro AIW then go with that.... if you're into the capture thing you'll wish you had it if you go with something else.... it's also a good all-around card so you can do the gaming thing and just about anything else. As yuriman said..... video cards don't have much of anything to do with video editing.....

Back