• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking all in wonders?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TalRW

As you can see in my profile I own an all in wonder 9800. I'm just toying with the idea of overclocking. Firstly is this even possibly and what software would I have to use to accomplish this. Secondly what safety measures would I have to take, as far as I know my card has no thermal sensor so I would have no way to keep track of the temperature of the card.

Any help would be appriciated.

We haven't always had temperature probes in our GPU's to tell us the temps. I don't really see it as a necessity, because you can get by without it. I'd suggest getting ATi Tool, this is a very nice overclocking tool that will find you max core over clock and your max mem. My 9800 pro got up to 420 core and 380 mem. It's nothing like my x800 overclock that I have listed in my sig, but it's better than nothing. The problem you will run into with the AIW card is trying to find proper cooling. My 420 core and 380 mem came with stock cooling on the vpu and no cooling on the mem. I don't know what sort of aftermarket cooling they have for the AIW cards. I don't think a VGA Silencer would work, but maybe an ATi silencer might work? If anyone else has further guidance on cooling this card please let us know.

The VGA silencer rev 3 should fit your card (at least that's what it says on the box). You will have additional heat from the tv chip but other than that it's still a 9800pro..... I've actually seen some people get really good overclocks with it..... depending on when you purchased it you may have the temp sensor on it. I few people have been able to flash the card to xt.

Back