• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was buying the NV Silencer 2......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

worth my time/money??? I bought one off newegg along with my 512MB of Mushkin PC3200 thursday night. Figured it wasn't bad, since it was only $19, and I was looking for something better than the stock stuff on my a360.

Here is a link to the card I have. It's the Leaktek Winfast a360 Ultra TDH, and is based on the FX5700U GPU (this card just has slightly faster speeds than most). Cooling is all stock:

http://www.pconline.com.cn/pchardware/tpylab/graphics/0402/pic/winfast_a360_ultratdh_2.jpg

Basicly....I had some free time today, and started reading some reviews and posts, and it seems like it isn't much better than the ref. cooling on the FX5900s. I don't know if that's true for the WinFast cooling that I have, then I think I'm starting to regret buying the NV Silencer 2 =\. Please help me rest my mind. :(

~C.P.

I'm a newb to the video card cooling but I'd say it's definately worth it. I'm sure it cools better, plus you get the bonus of having it exhaust the hot air out of the back of the case. I really like that feature. Hope you like it!

I started overclocking yesterday afternoon, and i was able to get it up to 530/1050 without any problems at all. The things is, I haven't noticed it getting very hot, even with the overclock. Stock speeds are 475/950, just in case you're wondering. So will this new cooler really help, if the card stays pretty much warm, even with the overclock and playing Doom 3 after 2 hours??

yea...i have a 9800 pro flashed to an xt....i bought the old revision 3...it works great personally....i couldnt do much over stock xt speeds which are 412/365 and now im up to 441/366 i need some ram snks...the reason you dont feel air is because the fan is spinning the wrong way (so is mine) but mines get hot and u can feel the heat actually comming of the heatsink in the back after a little while....

PLOBBY: Are you saying this style of VGA cooler is poorly built and it doesn't realy cool that well?

Celeron_Phreak said:
PLOBBY: Are you saying this style of VGA cooler is poorly built and it doesn't realy cool that well?
Both, the VGA silencer is far superior to ORB coolers. Orb coolers are down right terrible at cooling.

I don't think I quite understand what you mean sentential. Are you saying that the VGA cooler IS poorly built and doesn't cool well, or are you just trying to say that the NV Silencer is better than Orb coolers?

Back