• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU just disappeared...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seabee

One of my rig returned a unit at 09:18(Standford time) this morning and now that rig is no longer showing on the stats page at the Stanford site. I know there where some scoring problems going on, but a CPU completely disappearing?

My total should be at 9 CPU;s, but only 8 are showing... Anyone else having this problem?

Make sure they are all folding for the right name and team, that happened to me a while back and someone got a few extra points, lol.

I've been getting a ton of tinkers, 4 out of 5 are folding tinkers right now. Anybody else been getting tinkers?

EDIT: all four of the tinkers are the same one (p112_p678_L939_K12M_355K)

Last edited:
is this machine in your house? can you get to it personally? I went from 38 machines down to 10 in a matter of days....if it is somebodies machine it's possible they killed the process.

Ok, I had 9 CPUs on the Stanford page as of early this moring(2:00am). All 9 where active within the last 7 days. One of those were supposed to finish this morning at 4:00am, which according to its log did. That WU was never posted on the Stanford page(even now 5 hours later) and that CPU is off the stat page. Not 8 out 9 active within 7 days, it only show me has having 8 active CPU.

Yes, this one is in my house, and should finish another WU in 20 mins.

it sometimes takes stanford a while to process your wu. was it on an old machine where the 242 pointer could have taken a week?

Ok, figured it out. I must have messed up when putting in my username. It seems that the [] looking thing between username and team was erased, so it submitted 320 and 2 WU's to the name 1VBSeabeeteam=32, instead of 1VBSeabee.

Bummer, 320 points missed out on for me and Team 32, at least I caught it before it went any longer.

Same situation happened to me as well where a CPU had disappeared. Turned out that it was just on a huge Tinker and was taking a much longer time than usual because the machine was shut off during the night. :-/

Back