• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any possible way to flash R350 to XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow... thanks Gautam! Your reply was very helpful. ATiTool can detect the memory, right? Now the other problem is getting the right bios and instructions...

Schalldampfer said:
Wow... thanks Gautam! Your reply was very helpful. ATiTool can detect the memory, right? Now the other problem is getting the right bios and instructions...
Hope you weren't being sarcastic. :D

ATi tool can't detect the type of memory you have, AFAIK. Look on the IC's of the card itself. If its a 256mb, it's probably Hynix. It's worth mentioning that the BIOS you download needs to be of the same brand of yours, usually, although it can work with a different brand if you're lucky. You can use Winflash to flash the BIOS, way easier than using floppies.

Schalldampfer said:
Eh... one of my friend claims that I'll fry my card flashing an R350 to XT. Is this true?

Possible..... but very, very unlikely.... just make sure your card can operate at xt speeds (412/365) before you flash.

Back