• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP install issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

hi im trying to reinstall my XP. so i pop the cd in the tray restart and boot from the cd,then format the HD into NTFS file system.after that it restarts shows the screen like windows is about to install then a error pops up saying that i need to put my XP cd in the drive.it is already in the drive.WTF?

Make sure the CD isnt damaged, and make sure that the box that pops up is pointing to the correct drive where your CD is.

i dont think the cd is damaged there are no scratches on the cd.i tryed to put another XP disk,same think happens.

It may be an issue with your CD drive; try another one. (It's either the CD or the drive; by replacing one or the other, you should be able to get around your problem. Note that even though there is no visable damage to your CD, it still may have issues).

ok i tried the manual thing so you can point to the cd drive.it was tryign to read from E even tho my drive is D.ok so it found the right file.then another one pops up and i have no idea where is the file it was looking for is located so i cant point to it manually.how do i make the install always read from drive D.

ok i got it,it works now thnx for teh help

Back