• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't get 3Dmark2003 to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
I'm trying to benchmark my newest build. I have DirectX 9C and Windows Media 10 installed. I had the version 3.2 of 3Dmark2003, but I downloaded and installed the patch which supposedly makes it version 3.4 now. When I try to run it, it gives me an error and wants to send a message to Microsoft. This is the new PCI-E X800 XT vid card. Don't they work with 3Dmark2003? Any suggestions?

I just searched the futuremark forums and found a solution that may work for you at the link below:

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...umber=4322376&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Here is a quote from the thread that sounds like it may help you:

ok here is a fix for u but dont ask how it works i have the same sapphire card ,x800 pci express i could not get it to work so i made my own fix. first go into your c:\windows\system32\futuremark\msc directory and rename any direcpll.dll files you find there to direcpll.old. next download the direcpll.dll patch on this site and instead of putting it where they tell you, put it in the c:\program files\futuremark directory and overwrite the one that is there . the program will now run . sp2 has nothing to do with it except that if you install the direcpll.dll file in the any windows folder like c:\windows\system32 sp2 will block that file till you right click on it and pick unblock, that is a new security feature that was implemented to help us fight off spyware that gets installed in our machines. no file that comes from another computer that goes into the windows directory is accessable until you pick to unblock it. hope this helps you it fixed my problem i dont even have direcpll.dll in my windows directory anymore instead of renaming it i just delted it outta there .

And lastly below is a link to the dll refered to:

http://www.futuremark.com/download/hotfix/3dmark03/Direcpll.zip

BTW I don't know anything about the problem, just reporting what I found...don't blame me if it doesn't work. Good Luck.

Hey Dad, thanks for the response. From that link I see that others seem to be having similar problems too.

I don't have SP2 installed, just SP1A and some other critical updates.

Guess I have nothing to lose by trying to swap in that dll file. I reckon that as long as I rename the old file, I can always switch back if it don't work. I'll post my results later tonight.

Thanks again for your time spent tracking this down.

Back