• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone get Easyshare to work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
Anyone have any luck getting easyshare to work? I'm at my wits end, I got a new Ati card primarily so I could route my TV over the lan and save the hassle of running more coax...but easyshare is proving to be anything BUT easy.

I'm going from an 8500DV AIW (server) to a 9800pro (client). Both are built by ATI cards, 9800 has latest drivers, 8500 is pretty up to date on catalyst version.

Installed latest MMC on both, set it back up and still won't work. Server sees the clients on the network, but the client machine will not find any Easyshare servers.

Anyone have any tips? Think it's a network problem? I do have an external firewall, but these are just going internal...I don't see why it won't work.

Both machines have Win2000.

According to the ATi documentation, I should be watching TV on this computer, but instead I'm pulling my hair out and placing it on the keyboard.

So any tips are welcome.

Well I've herad their tech support is less than helpful on the subject. (I'm not the only one with problems with Easyshare.)

Right now I'd actually be interested to know if anyone is actually using easyshare.

Tonight I'll configure my brothers machine with his R9700pro and see if that one works. He's on the same switch as the server.

Gonna bump this -- have not yet gotten easyshare to work so I'm hoping that someone comes accross this who HAS gotten it to work. Even if you don't have input but have it working, please let me know and let me know if it was easy to setup.

Also, anyone know what ports easyshare likes to use? I swear a config file to set this stuff up and hardcode sockets (ip's and ports) would be soooo nice.

Still haven't tried my bro's machine, should get to that this weekend...

Back