• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WozniakMac

Registered
I have a:
AMD 64 3000+ Processor
ABIT KV8 Pro (K8T800 Chipset)
512MB DDR PC 3200 Memory
nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card

My problem is that I can't even get over 2300 MHz. The most I have gotten is about 2250. Any suggestions

I have a fan at the top, side, and rear of the case. I am using the Heat Sink that came with my Processor. That is about it I think.

well stock cooling is not the greatest. also you probaly didnt use the best thermal paste which is silver based paste. what about you fan speed? you gotta tell everything that you did in bios along with all you hardware infomation.

EDIT: you could be having memory faiures. you didnt say what kind of memory you are using. we can see its at lease ddr400 but is it crap?

EDIT 2: WELCOME TO OVERCLOCKERS FORUMS DUDE :attn: :beer:

WozniakMac said:
I have a:
AMD 64 3000+ Processor
ABIT KV8 Pro (K8T800 Chipset)
512MB DDR PC 3200 Memory
nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card

My problem is that I can't even get over 2300 MHz. The most I have gotten is about 2250. Any suggestions

what voltages are you using? what kind of pc3200 ram, and what all other bios settings(fequencies ect)

is your board a rev 1.0, or 1.1? and what bios do yu have?

I didn't use the thermal past that came with the processor, I used a grease instead.
I don't know what the fan speed is.
I am not using cheap memory, I have Corsair XMS memory from newegg.
I was also thinking about liquid cooling, but what is a good system for around 200 - 250 dollars?
Oh wise overclockers, guide me. :)

Yes, I have overclocked it from 2000 to 2250, but can't get any higher than that without it locking up at the ABIT screen. Why do I suck?

Try setting
Vcore to1.6v
NB voltage to 1.6v
SB voltage to 2.55v
Vdimm to 2.8v
Htt(ldt) votlage to 1.3v

for the moment set your ram on a ratio, try 5:6(166). so you can find may on you proccessor

Is there a "FSB:AGP:pCI" ratio option in you bios?, if so set it to fixed.

Set the Htt frequencey to 600mhz.

you will need to go into bios, to check for the ratio things, as well as the HTT frequency

..... wow thats SOME info.... NOT... nehow

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS >.>

but um... lets see.... ur 3200 may be xms.... but its still 3200 >.>;;. get some voltage info, heat output info, wat every grease u used, anything! just give us info!

Wozniak, you don't suck and koss is not going to say anything like that to anyone again unless he wants a staff member here to petition for his banning. :)

If you understand Jess's post, just take his advice for now. If you do not, read what else I have to say...

Do you know what BIOS is? If you know what bios is - tell us these things:

CPU voltage, and bus frequency speeds attempted (what was successful, what was not).
RAM voltage and timings.

Are you using an automatic overclocking tool, or how did you get to 2250mhz?

if u can.... try going threw the bios and applying the oc and ovolt there... then see if u have any ovolt in ram and others like that plz... im not familiar with the board so im not much help!

listen to jess he knows alot bout this athlon 64 ****!!! oh and dont let peps like KOSS get to ya. everyone started out at one point :D

I know what the BIOS is, and I did in there, not in ABIT crappy uGuru utility.
Here it goes:
Processor
2252.4 MHz Stable
x10.0 Multiplier
htt 225.2 MHz
Memory
SPD Timings:
133 MHz 166 MHz 200 MHz

CAS# latency - 2.0 2.5 3.0
RAS# to CAS# - 2 3 3
RAS# Precharge - 2 3 3
TRas# - 6 7 8

My voltages are all the same as the last guy told me to use.

The thing I don't understand is that when I bought this it said it was 400 MHz memory, but CPU-Z says it is only 200 MHz.

Maybe this is enought for you all.

WozniakMac said:
I know what the BIOS is, and I did in there, not in ABIT crappy uGuru utility.
Here it goes:
Processor
2252.4 MHz Stable
x10.0 Multiplier
htt 225.2 MHz
Memory
SPD Timings:
133 MHz 166 MHz 200 MHz

CAS# latency - 2.0 2.5 3.0
RAS# to CAS# - 2 3 3
RAS# Precharge - 2 3 3
TRas# - 6 7 8

My voltages are all the same as the last guy told me to use.

The thing I don't understand is that when I bought this it said it was 400 MHz memory, but CPU-Z says it is only 200 MHz.

Maybe this is enought for you all.

yes PC3200(ddr400) ram runs at 200mhz, but its Double Data Rate, so the "data rate" is 400mhz.

is there an FSB/AGP/PCI ratio option in your bios?

If you have the 1MB version of the 3000+ it could be that you have reached the limit with the cooling set up (retail HSF and potentialy low grade thermal grease) you have. That said I am sure you could maybe tweak out a further 50 - 100MHz with the tips you get here.

OC Detective said:
If you have the 1MB version of the 3000+ it could be that you have reached the limit with the cooling set up (retail HSF and potentialy low grade thermal grease) you have. That said I am sure you could maybe tweak out a further 50 - 100MHz with the tips you get here.

im pretty sure he has the 512 cache version, hes using a 10x multi, although he could have a half cashe disabled clawhammer....

koss20100 said:
ahahahha wow u suck ... try bettter cooling are u overclocking the thing?

Oh no i wasnt flaming you dude, i didnt mean it seriously or literarly. "Oh wise overclockers" jus cracked me up

gl

I am using a New Castle, not a Clawhammer.
My AGP Ratio is Fixed at 66, but it allows me to go to 74.

Back