• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP 9800 PRO only Black Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Hey I think i killed my 9800 pro need help to verfiy this would kill it =)

I was doing some high over clocking and then my frends came over and wanted to surf so i put it back down to 200x13 1.95v ( wut i use for regular usage) But i forgot to turn down the agp voltage and the chipset voltage , we went out side for an "adult smoke" and my friend was like hey your computer shutoff , i was liek really it jsut shut off ? he said yes . so after we were done i went back in side and the Monitor was black but the comptuer was sill on ( as soon as i came in i could hear the tornados) i was liek crap that was in a crash teh whole time . so i tryed to boot and it looked liek it did keyboard flashed , but nothing on the monitor , i put my old gf2mx400 in and it worked so i think it is my 9800 . right now im taking off my giant 3 and loking for burn traces . ne ideas where to look ? or ne other ideas what the prob might be ? is there a bios rest on these cards ?

the agp voltage or the northbridge voltage CANT fry the vid card. The agp voltage is for the AGP bus only and has nothing to do with supplying power to your 9800pro. It gets all its power from the power connector. So it's unlikely that you killed the card because of AGP voltage or northbridge voltage.

Also AGP voltage does absoluetly nothing for overclocks so don't use it (it's fairly useless).

Yes i clearded it , i mean is there any reset on the 9800 ? im looking for soem way to fix my card i dont want to go with out for liek 2-3 weeks Yuck !

Back