• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASAP please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shady_cb

Hi i need to know where i can fine the sticky on bleep codes becuase my pc when i turn it on ma a single beep then a delay then another beep then a delay and so on please help oh and on the screen it say no signal input

i guessin graphics card but is there anything else it could be

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=218664

you're referring to the Abit BIOS beep codes - see linky above.
they're damned helpful, I'll tell you that.

From just a description I can't tell which beep sequence you are referring to - you'll have to figure that out yourself.

"no signal input" just means that nothing is being sent to the monitor. while this can be a video card problem, the fact that your mobo is beeping as it is suggests your problem is more basic: cpu, mobo, fan header, memory, etc.

if you still can't get it to work, we'll need more info. Open the side of the case and tell us if your cpu fan is running, or 'jerks' when you hit the power, anything else really... has this computer worked before? is it new? have you changed anything recently?
that kind of stuff
Good Luck.
~N

I have just recently changed my case, the the MOBO red light come cone to let u know that there is power going to it and also when i do turn it on the CPU fan does run as normal.

The beep i get is like erm beeeeeepppppp 5 sec pause beeeeeeppp and so on.

Hope this helps a bit more

I have tried that still the same,

i can heard the harddrive going and i have tried starting my computer with just 1 stick of Ram in and still the same

Starting to think it is my graphics card but is there any other sign i could look out for that might tell me what it is

The computer does turn on but all i get on the screen is no input signal

Thanks of all the help

no input signal means that the video card isnt connected to the monitor. Its a video card problem, see if its plugged in properly or maybe your video card is messed.

the link was posted for a reason.
however:
"1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error"

so I'm assuming musawi has it right.

and that card needed replacing soon anyway, right? (covers up his sig to hide his own vid card)

if your mobo is still capable of beeping, then it's probably fine.
best of luck with the new vid card

Right it not the vid card or the CPU so it got to be the MOBO of the RAM right,

The MOBO has the standby lights and power going to it which tells me that it not totaly screwed.

SO would it be the RAM

Back