• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in stock @ local store Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok the store has teh spahire vivo x800pro's , I only want to buy this if it can flash to a xt pe other wise im gonna get a 6800 I think ( i like ati can you sway ,y thinkin ? )

Canada
computer parts are alot more $$ up here =( , but it is cold so helps for ocing =)

Are those prices Canadian? If so, then they're really not all that high, depending on exchange rates and such.

johan851 said:
Are those prices Canadian? If so, then they're really not all that high, depending on exchange rates and such.
Yea they still suck ***.
678CAD = 532USD
550CAD = $432USD

The x800 is ok, especially if you can softmod it....but thats outragous for the 6800GT

Sentential said:

This one won't work, as Outpost usually doesn't ship high end components outside of the United States, believe me, I've tried. :bang head
They state "Not Available for Export" in very small type under the product description.

If you're going to purchase from the United States, be very careful. If the store uses UPS to ship, then my suggestion would be to calculate the overall price beforehand UPS adds on a very high "brokerage" fee to the price, and the total may be the same or higher than what you would pay in Canada. I forget the link to the fee listings, but it should be on the UPS website.

However, the link to the Gainward card given by Sentential is good though. ExcaliberPC uses USPS to ship, so the duties won't be anywhere near as high as UPS.

Yet another Edit. Here's the UPS Brokerage Fee Listing.
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Considering that the best price I found for the Leadtek was $585 CDN, you'll still end up paying less ordering from IOCombo.

Last edited:
computer components should carry no duty at all. that's what i was told when i called canada customs in january regarding the pc components i ordered from zipzoomfly. and i wasn't charged the %7 provincial sales tax, nor the %7 general sales tax i would have to pay locally.

an entire computer, yes, computer components, no.

local computer stores in canada charge an INSANE amount of money for things like new vid cards/ne cpus. they do this because they can. i live in winnipeg, and not ONE local store sells x800's or 6800's at anywhere near the MSRP. i checked a week ago, x800pro-non vivos were $620 for a BB ATI card. 6800gt's were around $680.

if you can get a good deal on shipping, then its not bad. look around at online canadian retailers as well, as the prices stay in line with what would be considered fair. read all their policies thouroughly as well to be aware of their taxation policies.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
computer components should carry no duty at all. that's what i was told when i called canada customs in january regarding the pc components i ordered from zipzoomfly. and i wasn't charged the %7 provincial sales tax, nor the %7 general sales tax i would have to pay locally.

an entire computer, yes, computer components, no.

Wow, that's surprising... Everytime I ordered something, I was charged the full 7% GST + 7.5% PST. This included an Abit NF7-S + 1700+ Combo, PC3500 Memory, and a Thermalright SK-7, all three ordered at different times, and with the SK-7 using a different shipper. It might just be your province.

Back