• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AA and AF, what r ur settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do 2x AA and 4x AF on quality mode for most games, but if Im playing far cry I have to turn off the AA and set the AF to 2 unless I want a slide show

Mine is maxxed out on both AA and AF. Some games don't use either or, or you have to enable them within the game itself.

Im just playing older games right now.. Sof2, MaxPayne 2, Raven Shield.. and they all run excellent.

With Max Payne 2 I use 6xAA/16xAF, and for Need For Speed Underground I use 2xAA/8xAF, I haven't tried using it on other games though, i'll get around to it sometime though.

Last edited:
Ravenshield 4xAA and 16xAF, Far Cry 4xAA 8xAF, CS:Source 6xAA 8xAF, DOOM3 2xAA 8xAF. All game settings on highest quality except for DOOM3 which is set on High quality. I never dip below 60fps on any of these games at these settings.

I run AA/AF for the games I've been playing recently... RO, PSO, Dawn of War, and some good ol' FF7. I'll have to turn it off when I put DOOM 3 on there though...

Most older games i play i use 4xAA and 8/16X AF. Most of todays games I run at 2xAA and 4/8xAF. Newer games, such as Doom 3, CS:Source, Half-Life 2 (when it comes out) for example will kill me because i am very limited by my CPU. I think most of my problems are due to CPU limitations (Athlon XP 2000+ 1.666ghz) so i cant really crank the fsaa, that alone drops the frame rate some, not noticeably, but when games like Doom 3, Call of Duty: United Offence have alot going on screen it kills it pretty bad.

I noticed on doom3, everything is blury with any setting for AA.AF is what I got to test for my settings.

Back