• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem: Refresh rate sets, but still acts wonky, newly RMAd card...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
I just got my 9700 pro from RMA, they didn't have any more 9700 pros.. so they were nice enough to bump me up to a 9800 pro! :)

BUT, I just uninstalled my dispaly drivers from previous 9700 pro, and nvidia card IW as using in the meantime, after booting up, Is et my refresh rate.. but there's a problem!

It set to 75 on both monitors, via ADVANCED> MONITORS> Refresh rate = 75... BUT it still acts wonky like 60 hz, You know when you scroll and it seems to lag and you can see the previous text, blocky movement.

For all I know, and all Ic an ascertain, it is set to 75 hz. Loooking to teh side, I don't see the flashing I used to see witht he 60 hz of the monitor trying to refresh. But I scroll, or move an app, and it acts the same way. I can't seem to get it to behave properly, dual monitors, 9800 pro.

2.2 clocked 1700+
Nvidia nforce2 chipset 8rda+
256 MB pc3200+

I have no idea what could be cvausing this. the 9700 pro I was at 75 hz for both, and it acted nice and fine. any refresh I try, 75, 100, it acts the same, blocky and non smooth transitions.

Someone please let me know,

-Excelsior

P.S. I'm using the newest drivers I got from Ati's site.

Can you see the display adapter in device manager? If so, does it show that it is functioning normally? If not try this:

Go to start>control panel>add or remove programs and remove any and all ATI programs and utilities. Then, go to device manager and uninstall any and all devices in the display adapters tree and restart.

When the windows find hardware install wizard comes up, cancel if you're allowed to and then install the latest catalyst software.

hafa said:
Can you see the display adapter in device manager? If so, does it show that it is functioning normally? If not try this:

Go to start>control panel>add or remove programs and remove any and all ATI programs and utilities. Then, go to device manager and uninstall any and all devices in the display adapters tree and restart.

When the windows find hardware install wizard comes up, cancel if you're allowed to and then install the latest catalyst software.

Windows claims everything is perfectly fine... :/

-Excelsior

Back