• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI RX800XT going W/C - risk management

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

Ok,

So here I am with this card that I dished out quite a bit of mula for. I am going to watercool her, but I have some reservations as to how much risk I am willing to take - especially after reading a few horror stories about the X800 mods on this forum.

Should I run her stock for a while to see how she does before I void the warranty (the W/B would just be sitting beside her because I am only setting up my water once... after a week or two I would install the block on)?

Should I play with voltage (pencil mod) at all, even if very carefully?

How much risk am I taking by overclocking her up to artifacts? Is there more than a 5% chance or so that this will fry her in itself over a year or so? (I didn't think so...)

So much potential, but it seems risky considering the value of this product.

Thanks

Its really all luck , but the card should be fine , and even more so with W/c
I think im gettign a x800 in a week or 2 and i will be over clocking that as soon as i get it heh as well as the xt pe mod , but thats me , if it blows i will save for a new one heh ( my 9800 pro died 3 days ago :mad: ) but it is a good excuse to get the new gen card

If you O/C to the point of just barely seeing artifacts, then back off about 5 MHz on the core, you should be fine.

most people ***** about ****.
its either some nvidia fanboy trying to make the ATI cards look bad or some dumb *** noob.

i have a polarFLO gpu block on my x800 xtpe and it does fine 580+/580+.

Back