• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damn small bittorrent help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stabob

I downloaded Torrent Storm and installed and set up.
I then used TS to download bittorrent of Damn Small 0.8.0.iso

I'm not sure what to do next I treid to save it to a cd to use but all I got was the data files it does not boot off of the CD at start up do I need to do something with this file in XP or in Fedora core 2
I did get a complete download with no errors detected.

You need to burn the iso file as a cd image. Open up your CD burning software and choose the "burn a cd image" option, usually found on the File menu. When it asks you for an image file, use the iso you downloaded.

Ken

thanks

I didn't have a way to burn so I downloaded DeepBurner1 freeware and used it to burn the Iso image to the CD.

I then rebooted from the CD and had instant success :)

One question though can I burn over the first CD that I saved the data on or will it corrupt the image?

if its a RW than you would want to erase it first, than burn.

If its not a CD RW, then you might be able to just extract the files from the iso, and if theres enough room, burn them to the CD. Theres no guarantee on that though.

It was a CD-R and no luck burning to it but thats ok I might have spent 25 cents on it

Damn Small Linux and other distros are distributed under GPL, so there is no copyright infringement and hence no complaints: it's perfectly legal and what''s more it helps the authors of the distro since they don't have to pay traffic when you download it

I downloaded TorrentStorm from the website of the same name.

I tried to download Bittorrent but neither of the mirrors or the main site were able to provide a download, they could not find the file.

Damn Small asks for a donation but they do not charge for the torrent download.
I downloaded feather this same way.

Each and any general Linux distro should have the original bittorrent client. I know that Debian has it for example

Back