• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game or graphic card problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBZ

I have 2 sapphire 9800 pro card and both flashed to XT at stock speed. One is Hynix mem that I put a Giant III HS on it and the other with Samsung mem I put Silencer 3 + Ocz ram sink on it. Both tested with 2hrs of ATItool for artifact and found none as well as 3dmark2k3 tested and found none also. Now the problem is that when I play Everquest the online game, the card with Giant III ran perfectly without any artifact at all, but with the Silencer 3 one I sometimes get little white dot in a row on the ground of the game, and sometime a rat or a flying creature graphix get all twisted and bent out of shape until I look away then look back. I thought the card was overheating, so I flashed it back to 9800pro and it still have same prob, reseated the HS and reapply as5 on it…still same prob. The card ran UT2k3 and Doom3 without any artifact at all….so my question is WTH is going on? Game or card prob? If it’s game, why wouldn’t it affect my Giant III card? But if its card prob, how can it past every test and other games ran just fine?

Any thought on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Did you test the cards on different systems or both on the same one, the white dot's are usually caused by a gpu oc too high not sure about the other thing though. Did you run them with the same game/control panel settings? look at the game's FAQ if it is something from the game it should be there, but I think it's th card.

I sometimes would get the white dots in a line on GTA3 no matter what card I use,ATI or Nvidia,overclocked or not.
After experimenting with different drivers,I fixed it.

I tested both on same system, guess I'll remove the hs and reseat it again and hope the problem goes away...and if it doesn't who care cause its not that big of a deal. Thanx for the reply guys, much appreciated.

Back