Memory
Forum Jump

Experiences with Firestix?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04, 03:00 PM Thread Starter   #1
Warmonger
Registered

Experiences with Firestix?

Does anyone have experiences with the buffalo firestix?
How are they on AMD64? From the reviews I read they don't sound that great. Any thoughts?
Warmonger is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-28-04, 03:06 PM   #2
Strykar
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger
Does anyone have experiences with the buffalo firestix?
How are they on AMD64? From the reviews I read they don't sound that great. Any thoughts?

For the money, it seems like you can do much better... that stuff is expensive for what you get..
Strykar is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-28-04, 04:06 PM Thread Starter   #3
Warmonger
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykar
For the money, it seems like you can do much better... that stuff is expensive for what you get..
Unfortunately, they are replacements for my RMA. I just wanted to know how high can I expect them to hit?
Warmonger is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-28-04, 08:25 PM   #4
Reefa_Madness
DRAM Guru Senior

10 Year Badge

Which RMA...B/T PC3700???

I only got B/T PC4300, yours have the red heatspreaders and mine don't. These are basically the same, made with the same Hynix BT-D43 chips. You'll probably get 260, maybe 265, but with typical Hynix timings. I've gotten so burned out on the B/T stuff after the PC3700 that I haven't even tried my sticks. Its Hynix BT-D43, so I pretty much know what to expect from them and since my lifetime warranty hasn't run out yet, I'm in no hurry.

In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat
Reefa_Madness is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-28-04, 09:48 PM   #5
flapperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
Which RMA...B/T PC3700???

I only got B/T PC4300, yours have the red heatspreaders and mine don't. These are basically the same, made with the same Hynix BT-D43 chips. You'll probably get 260, maybe 265, but with typical Hynix timings. I've gotten so burned out on the B/T stuff after the PC3700 that I haven't even tried my sticks. Its Hynix BT-D43, so I pretty much know what to expect from them and since my lifetime warranty hasn't run out yet, I'm in no hurry.

hopefully since they tout the firestix as performance memory it is binned a little better than the other stuff. cause the pc3700 micron left a bad taste in my mouth.
flapperhead is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-28-04, 10:11 PM   #6
Reefa_Madness
DRAM Guru Senior

10 Year Badge

Don't get too exited.

I just ran across this a little while after I posted above. It is dated September 2004. They were able to get these DDR500 sticks to DDR510 (255 fsb). Not exactly tons of headroom is it?

But at least they look good in red.

http://www.subzerotech.com/index/mod.../id/200/page/1

In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat
Reefa_Madness is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Memory
Memory