• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia fails WHQL tests but Catalyst certified

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And every one complains ATI drivers are shoty. I particulary like this line in that article.

Our SNITCH sent us complete report

Nvidia should send a few guys :sn: :sn::sn: to the snitches house to have a talk with him now. :attn:

yea, but review sites don't use omega drivers, they use CERTIFIED ones.

nvidia hasn't had a certified driver in how long?

it matters when uncertified drivers don't do things correctly like FULLscreen AA, real trilinear filtering, ect,ect... and review sites fail to mention the lesser IQ.

all frames per second are not created equal, and i personally would trade a few of them for a better image. its too bad most sites only care about posting numbers.

Show me where Nvidia doesn't do "Real AA/AF" and where image quality suffers. I bet you that you can't. No one cares about WHQL certification, least of all gamers.

rogue3092 said:
Show me where Nvidia doesn't do "Real AA/AF" and where image quality suffers. I bet you that you can't. No one cares about WHQL certification, least of all gamers.

Look over at macci's post in Nvidia section here

Not an issue that'll send you screaming "OH NOES, WTF DOOD!" but still something to look at. Lets just try to keep this civil and not turn this into the o so popular "mine is better than yours" post.

PS im not picking sides or being bias, if it sounds like I am, then I apologize in advance because I do not mean to.

rogue3092 said:

Not at all true . Uncertified drivers = no support , no warranty

Indeed many more advanced computer users and gamers don't mind , but the average home user will freak out when he sees that windows warning pop up .Big companies will shy away due to support issues and the most important thing is the OEMs like Dell etc. who won't touch uncertified stuff with a 10 foot pole .

Sad to say rogue3092 ............ those are the majority of computer users out there , not you or me .

Of course the ironic thing is that Nvidia launched an attack against ATI last month claiming that ATI would lose WHQL ( which they didn't ),when in fact the bigger story is the fact that NVidia still doesn't have WHQL drivers .

rogue3092 said:

i said trilinear filtering, not aniscopic filtering, or AF as i'm sure you are more familiar with.

and if you read mica's post here (which was already posted for you): http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=332118

read careful and look closely at the pics, you will see.

**edit.. Shade, just pointing out, you accidentally called it macci's thread, actually micamica1217's.

Im a gamer and I DO care if the 'default' drivers are WHQL. Why? As stated above. Support and warrentees. Also lets think about something. WHQL is a set of test that are the bottom point of reference as far as what the driver should preform. As in if the ATI driver passes then its 'at least' that good. If as you say WHQL means nothing then why cant nVidia pass?
Also stated, OEM's wont touch anything not WHQL. Its kind of sad to me if you think about it. You can get a WHQL certified cheapo motherboard video combo but the 6X00 nVidia cards cant pass. What Id like to know is WHY they didnt pass?? Doesnt seem right for a high end card that cant pass WHQL

Z

Last edited:
no support, if you call up EA for support and go I'm using the latest NVidia drivers, they won't care, they'll support it, it's nvidia, one of the biggest names, if it was diamond, ok, than it matters because EA can ignore diamond, but they can't ignore nvidia

Agreed they CANT ignore nVidia. But again I'll ask... WHY cant nVidia pass the WHQL driver tests? I think the world of their products. Im offering my 2 cents worth though.

:D
Z

EDIT::: I havent had issues with uncertified drivers either. But the tests nVidia cards are failing are at things like 'pixel shading' and '3d line drawing'. And from the article, it seems the cards are not doing this 'accurately'. Exactly how does that effect us as gamers SHOULD be important. What exactly does it mean? This is too a good question....

Last edited:
Well seems not to long ago, the "kids" ATI and NVidia were comparing their pipes. Now it is how good their drivers are.... and they suck us right into it everytime.

MLMIB said:
no support, if you call up EA for support and go I'm using the latest NVidia drivers, they won't care, they'll support it, it's nvidia, one of the biggest names, if it was diamond, ok, than it matters because EA can ignore diamond, but they can't ignore nvidia

I agree that they cannot ignore Nvidia ( especially after Nvidia has so many licensing and the 'way it is meant to be played' deals with them ) users but when the going gets tough in troubleshooting a problem they will tell you that it is your uncertified ,unrecognized , non-WHQL driver causing the problem . ( even though it may be an issue with their game ) An uncertified driver always presents techsupport teams with an easy way out .

Zuzzz said:
Agreed they CANT ignore nVidia. But again I'll ask... WHY cant nVidia pass the WHQL driver tests? I think the world of their products. Im offering my 2 cents worth though.

Our snitch sent us complete report on WHQL test finished at Nvidiai Geforce 5950 card with 61.77. they are failing each and part of WHQL test. They are failing in all fourteen tests including, D3Dlines, Multisampling, Non power 2 conditional RenderTarget, Pixel Shader Precision, Pixel Shader Ver. 1.1, Pixel Shader Ver. 1.2, Pixel Shader Ver. 1.3, Pixel Shader Ver. 1.4, Pixel Shader Ver. 2.0, Point Sprites, Texture address, Texture stage, Update surface and YUV Bit test.

they just simply failed ALL of those test - and people buy their cards because of PS 3...lol they can't even pass certification with Pixel shader 1.1!!!!

Back