• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!! wont boot up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackpaladin

well i didnt know where to put this in, so i put it in video...
basically, my computer wont start up at all, and i have no clue why. i have my vid card (9800pri flashed to XT)at about 415-355 right now, and ive been changing it around trying to find the best possible speed with no artifacts. my a64 2800+ is overclocked to 2050 mhz, and runs no hotter than 45c after playing a game. last night i was playing call of duty, when my game froze up on me.it wasnt going anywhere anytime fast, so i decided to reboot the system.on bootup, i get artifacts, and in windows i get artifacts now. my screen basically looks messed up all over. so i dropped the speed of my vid card to around 405-350 to see if that would clear things up... on reboot, i still get them. its late right now, and my roommates are pretty much alseep, so i didnt want to bother them trying to fix my comp. so i wait for the morning. bad idea, because now, it wont even turn on. i know its getting power since the motherboard power light goes on, but thats all that happens. it just doesnt do anything after that. if anyone has any idea why, please let me know. specs are in my sig, and my mobo is an asus k8v-se deluxe. its not my power, since i am getting power to the mobo, and because the psu is only like 5 days old.
HELP!!! i need to get this thing running! :cry:

allright, a little bit of an update. We determined that it actually WaS that PSU. i called up tiger direct, and they have one being shipped out now to repalce my defective one. only probelm is now, nothing shows on the monitor when it boots up now. its just a blank screen. i know everything is plugged in correctly, and that everything is powered up right. maybe its because the PSU fried the vid card? or maybe its just the PSU sucks in powering it right now? ( i had to replace the defective one withthe one i had in my old case... it says 430w on it, but id be surprised if it even put out 300.) if anyone has any ideas why my screen is black, please let me know! thanks :D

well thanks to the 2 people who tried to "help" me with my problem here... after tons of frustration, i finally fixed it on my own.... turns out the dimm slot that my memory was fried somehow. so i know that my PSU was f'ed up, and that somehow, when it messed up, it took out the dimm slot as well. its running fine right now, so yay! :)

Back