• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying 9800 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumbi

Registered
I'm going to upgrade my 9700 np in to a 9800 Pro only cos I get it for almost nothing and my 9700 has the Infineon memory that won't do more then 310MHz. But now to the question is there any particular brand that OC's better than average of the 9800 Pro's?

Oh and I live in Finland that's in Europe so no US only stuff :)

any of the newer cards by ati, sapphire, and msi seem to be getting really good overclocks.

But now I aslo see that they have lowerd the price for the Club3D 9800XT only 50€ more than Pro. Does the XT's have different memmory chips than Pro's?

it depends on the brand....you can get a 9800pro 256 version and flash to an XT and get FULL XT fetures..and "somtimes" a better oc...it is your call..

make sure its not a cheap r9800 pro with 128 bit memory interface, most have 256 <--- these are the ones u want.

I have a sapphire 9800p 128mb and flashed it to xt speeds, and got gpu to 471 with no artifacts, and mem at 371, yet to up the volts as w8ing for good psu, and as5 still settling in (so looks promising)

128 Megabyte 9800 XTs, and most newer 9800 Pro cards typically have the same Hynix RAM, which usually averages around ~395 MHz with RAMsinks and good airflow over the chips.

Older 9800 Pros use Samsung 8E and Samsung RA, which overclocks a little bit better than the Hynix; when using the right BIOS it averages around ~410 MHz with good airflow and sinks.

Back