• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shoul di send my 9800 pro back? low 3dM03 scores?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

should i send my 9800 pro back? low 3dM03 scores?

im really close to sending my HIS 9800Pro iceq back,

so far the s-video has never worked,
doom3 runs ok but not as expected
the whole thing just seems to get VERY hot (yes i have LOTs of system cooling)
not all drivers have been compatible causing hours fiddling...

finally got it working ok and then ran 3dmark03 my score was

that seems low? i remember getting 5700+ when i first got it...

btw im running the official ATI cat 4.8

should i send this card back?
(does anyone know if i send this back to ebuyer.com can i swap it and get an X800 and pay the difference?)

Yea if the S-video isnt working, I'd send it back. When certian parts of the card begins to fail, it wont be long until the whole thing is dead.

agreed send it back while you still can... did you just buy this card or have you had it for a while? if you just bought it you might want to think about saving up a little more cash and picking up a 6800

yeah just saw one for $350 with internation shipping (thats under £200!!!!!!woooo!!! (BFG6800Gt))

just ran 3dmark01 and got 13500... thats a terrible score right?

sod HIS im RMAing it tomorrow!

well a few things... i was getting 20k with my 9800 with an oc to 417/375 and my mobile barton running 2.6 so yah it's not that great of a score... however it would be possible if you indeed have your proc at 2.3 cause 01 is big time cpu limited... oc that puppy alittle.

its all back in the box and ready to be sent back, i couldnt get a full refund as i have had it over 30days. im going to get a direct replacement and ebay the thing then get a 6800... i'm guna be soo poor lol need money if anyone wants to start a donation site for me!

So many things can affect 3Dmark2001 or 2003 scores that I would not depend entirely on that. Also, when you get your replacement, try the Cat 4.9 drivers, they are better than the Cat 4.8. Card settings to performance, a fresh OS reformat, harddrive needing defragged, RAM timings, Memory ratio, CPU O/C, card O/C, drivers, etc. etc. can all affect the benchmark scores.

i bet svid doesnt work because of incorrectly installed drivers. have you tried calling their support, or sending them an email, or re-installing drivers, or reinstalling windows, or, or, or, or....ect, ect...

your 03 score is RIGHT on the money i'd say. you've got a 2.2p4, not exactly the fastest thing going. i get only 6k with my cpu at 3.6, and my card OC'd to 9800 levels.

your 01 score also looks right. its more cpu dependant, so expect low scores with the cpu you've got.

Back