• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misfits138

Registered
my comupter came with this crappy video card called intel 82810E graphics controller and i guess its set as the primary video card.i have a voodoo2 (old but still works better than the intel card) and i want to use it in madden 2002 but it auto detects your 3d cards and the only one it see's is the intel card:(madden 2002 has two choices for gfx card setup...standard mode and compatibility mode (you cant really select the card yourself....stupid right?),i tried both but both still use the intel card.i've tried reinstalling the game over and over trying to get it to see my voodoo2 first but with no luck,so then i went to the bios screen and tried switching the video option but still wont work.now i know this game supports voodoo2 cause it says it does in the read me file and people have sayed so in a couple game forums.

is there any way to disable this card so my games wont see it or maybe set my voodoo2 as the primary card?

ps:yes i have the updated drivers for my card....both of them.

You could try disabling that adapter in Device Manager. Just go to the properties for that card and change the spin box at the bottom to Disable this device.

You mention a setting in the BIOS for it but there should be a way to disable that altogether. Possibly a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be set in order to disable it. Check the manual's section on the onboard video and jumper configuration to see if there is one.

I thought Voodoo 2s need a 2d card with them, wouldn't disabling the 2d card result in no desktop?

I've never had a Voodoo2 so I'm just speculating.

yes the voodoo 2 does need a 2d card so you can't just disable the intel one.
I'll have to do a bit of digging to find how to make the v2 be the primary 3d device

ok phil let me know if you find anything.....this is really bugging me.

Back