• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800XT Memory timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titan2782

Registered
I was wondering if there was a tool to help calculate the best memory timings for my ati 9800XT. I'm looking for more stable timings at higher memory speeds. thanks.

There is a tool where you can edit the memory timings.
But I don't know what it is called.

Radedit let's you modify the timings. I have not noticed it playing a huge difference in anything. Other then it may run your memory hotter then it did before. The options are more like Cas 1, 2, or 3. It's not like DDR ram where you have 11-2-2-2, 4 different timings to work with. I believe there is a program that let's you modify even more memory settings, but I have not looked into that yet & have not heard of it weighing a huge impact.

And the latest version of ATITool does it as well.

VRAM latencies really don't make much of a difference from what I've heard. You can always experiment and increase some by one or two to see if it makes for more stability, but modifying the timings is a fairly new thing, so there isn't really a guide on what should be changed (or what changing it does in some cases :D)

JigPu

Back