• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prescott / heatsink cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mckennaiii, I have the SP 94 and a 92MM fan and it works well

You might want to look at the links in my signature for some tips on how to keep a prescott cool As the stock HSF is not a bad unit if you feed it cool air

Good Luck

Dave

There are very few HS's out for the LGA775 socket so far, and only one design actually functions well. Unfortunately, it's a 3 lb chunk of copper from Thermaltake and several reviews said that it would make their PCB's flex... definetely not a good idea if you plan to move your pc around at all.

The other coolers are basically offshoots of the stock Intel cooler and function just about as well. There may be a LGA775 HS that I missed, but the article I read on them didn't mention any good one's at the time.

I'd recommend waiting until Thermalright comes out with a bracket for the LGA775 socket and then buy one of those... gives you time to save your money anyway :)

thermalright and zalman will have thire LGA775 adapters available in the next two weeks. both companies contacted with yesterday with this info.

thermalright and zalman will have their LGA775 adapters available in Oct. both companies contacted me yesterday.

There's an edit post button on the lower right side of your post..... also, if you want to delete the double post, click on the edit button for the post you want to get rid of and there's a delete post thingie near the top of that page.

high load temps

Verse914 said:
I love my Zalman CNPS7000A. Its super quiet and keeps my Prescott really cool.
Although I do agree with your statement I have an interesting dilemma. depending on room temp i run at 45-50C idle for both cpu and pwm. But the kicker is on full load, be it Doom 3/Madden2005 or a benchmark software i quickly see both the pwm and cpu temps to 70 and begining to beep and give off all sorts of warnings. now I know abit reports high so I am using mbm5. So I guess my question is what kind of load temps do u get and has anyone heard of similar problems.

Waiting for the darn 05 msutang GT to ship already....
fast computer= big penis
fast car and fast computer = huge penis
girls right thats how it works?

[edit]I am using the Zalman all copper heatink as well on a prescott 3.0 running on an Abit ai7 with 512RAM and a Radeon 9500 pro. I have the passive zalman northbridge cooler and the Zalman heatpipe on the vid card with optional fan... Yea I like Zalman stuff... and panaflo fans in and out[/edit]

Back