• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Feature for Video in from Camcorder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0le

Okay, I realize this is probably a dumb question to most all of you, but, I'm really confused about which feature to look for in a card when I want to copy videos from tape on my (analog) camcorder onto my pc, and then make vcd's out of 'em.

I was thinking of getting an AIW type card, but, I'm guessing that's total overkill since I don't need the TV tuner/ remote control stuff. Plus, I'd be limitted to a 9800, since the 9600 AIW doesn't have DVI output for my LCD.

Is the feature I'm looking for VIVO?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks Ziggo0. I looked at the 9600 AIW, but they only have vga output (no dvi) and I saw on some threads that that can cause problems with LCD (i.e. slow performance) in some games.

I guess the key question I have is: Is VIVO the name of the feature that I'm looking for if I want to connect my analog camcorder to my pc and copy the tape to a vcd?

Back