• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro and Halo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
Ok, so I just installed a Tyan 9800 Pro and the latest Catalyst drivers (1.0.1698.24142).

Only problem I have is that the white text or team/player speak doesn't show, but player names above people's heads and all other stuff renders fine.

Should I try an older driver set or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Halo never did run to good with my Radeon 9800 Pro...Doom 3 and CS:S runs better lol. Though, i can run it with all settings as high as possible WITH OUT fsaa and af, i get like 35 - 45fps-ish. ALthough this was a while back ago with cat 4.2..

Actually in my experiance it is a problem with halo, the host doesn't see the text for death/kill messages or messages typed to you. I noticed this lately and seemed to occur on the 1.04 & 1.05 version of halo iono about earier versions. and it is not just ati that it happens, my friend has a 6800gt and he also can't see the text when he is the host.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it's Halo. You're running v 1.05 right??? Have you tried the same thing in Halo CE??? I've never had that problem w/ my 9800 pro and Halo. It could just be a corrupted file in your install or something. Have you tried reinstalling Halo???

I don't have regular halo installed, just Halo CE.

Try to reinstall CE maybe? Or reinstall my vid drivers?

Back