• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get past 210 fsb w/ 2500 barton and dfi lan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sun_tzu617

As teh title states, i have a dfi nforce 2 mobo, and a 2500 barton....i just started occing with my new ram, but there is a prblem.
My computer wont get to teh bios screen after 210 fsb.... I have teh ocz platnim rev.2 and a decent air cooling.... whats wrong?

dfi needs strong adjustments in bios.-..the more you change from auto to selfmade adjustments-the better it will work...

ok, i'm running a XP Mobile 2600+

Right now, i'm at 250 x 10.5

Mem voltage is at 3.3 volts ( for stability, and i have a fan blowing directly on it, so it stays cool )

My VCore is set at 1.9 volts. i SHOULD be able to go lower...i need to try that again here soon. but i'll work on that one later

i'm running OCZ EB P3500 ram. the timings for my ram are : 2.5,3,3,11.

now i am running a 2600+, so don't know how high of speed you will hit, but i think you SHOULD be able to go over 210.

Ok also for the time being, keep your multi set lower. like 10. Then raise the FSB till you arn't stable anymore. then drop it a few, to keep stability. then see if you can raise your Multi by .5 or by 1 or so.

if you don't have a fan blowing on your ram, i do NOT suggest you go above 3 volts. i tried that before. my ram got very hot. so i mounted a fan to blow on it.

also, you may have to make your ram's timings a bit looser.

OH, i also had a problem like this myself. i couldn't get above 220. If you only have that one stick of ram, Try Moving it to another slot.
Before i had the ram in the slot on the far right. i could NOT go above 220'ish. then i moved it to the slot on the far left, now i am at 250. sometimes your ram can be picky about where its placed...but that may just be me, but something that simple raised my fsb by like 30.

good luck.

Sun_tzu617 said:
no go....

Is your CPU a desktop, if so thats likely your problem, because your cpu is locked at 11x mulipier. if this is the case, you could try upping the vcore.

if your cpu is not locked, then i would drop your multi down to 10x or so for testing, loosen your timings to

cas=2.5
tRCD=3
tRP=3
tRAS=11
tRC=13
tRFC=15

raise Vdimm to 2.9(i wouldnt suggest using much above this, because your ram should have TCCD modules, which usually can reach there greatest clocks on only 2.9vdimm)

also if you have 2x512 modules you could try disabling CPC.

are you using Dual channel, or Single channel?

and what are your voltages?

GL
-Jess-

Back