• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooler 3 on 9800 pro 256 rev 2 how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

How do you fit the arctic cooler rev 3 when the 9800 Pro 256 rev 3 has a 3 pin power connector and the cooler has a 2 pin.

I sold my 9800 Pro rev 2 card with an Arctic cooler 3 , guy is asking me how you connect as I never installed it? Is the only way to cut the plastic to make the 2 pin connector fit onto the card power connector? What would the issues be with voltage doing this?

Thx for feedback

CK

i cant remember which side you connect it, but on the normal 3 pin cooler for r9800 pro it has the 3 wires with 3 colours, red, white and black if i remem.

For the arctic rev 3 u had 2 wires, red and black i think (dont hold me to that)

All you have to do it make sure the 2 appropriatly coloured wires from the arctic rev 3 are where the other coloured wires were connected on the r9800 pro, dont worry about the spare pin on the gfx card, it isnt needed

For Example

Standard cooler:
[| | |]
r w b

Arctic Rev 3:
| [| |]
r w b

| = Pin, [ ] = cooler connector, r = red, w = white, b = black.

Pins may not be in this order.

Back