• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i am gaining fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
as soon as i get the money i want to build a farm for myself so ill know i got at least so many rigs running 24/7

matrixzen said:
Nice production boost. Where are you getting all that power from?
from my friends real estate office, i had folding installed on his rigs before as a graphical client so he could see the progress on them when he wanted to click on the red flower icon. well his genius tech guy who he pays outragous prices to told him that it was folding slowing down his comps. so he uninstalled it :argue: :mad:
so i go and look at his comps and they are full of spyware and browser hijacks. hahaha tech guy didnt know how to get rid of them. so i cleaned up his rigs and put it on where the tech guy cant see it. lol
i talked to the tech guy on the phone and he didnt even know what a browser hijack was. he kept calling them virus's lol

:( All too common I am afraid. So many small businesses have to hire a cheap tech guy and usually they are getting fleeced in the process :(

rhino56 said:
im just getting started, i dont even have my own rigs folding right now. they are all down. im on a 700 mhz celeron with 32 mb ram :cry: but i am going to be borging a bunch of 2.8's, i already did about 15 of them. i got a few more i can do also.
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=83297

You you be nice and put my name on one or two of them. Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please. :rolleyes:

I think rhino56 saw Mark620 and HH pull up real quick behind him and pass him. hehe I'll never be able to compete with 15 processors. Good borg though. I'd rather see the team as a whole do better anyway. So far today, we have more points than [H] as of the 6pm update. Not bad. Now we just need those every day for a few years. ;)

kornydeftones said:
I think rhino56 saw Mark620 and HH pull up real quick behind him and pass him. hehe I'll never be able to compete with 15 processors. Good borg though. I'd rather see the team as a whole do better anyway. So far today, we have more points than [H] as of the 6pm update. Not bad. Now we just need those every day for a few years. ;)
your right i did see them, weekends i always slow production but its monday now. so hopefully things start moving again. i saw HH fly by and started thinking how badly i want a 10 board farm of 3.2's 24/7 folding. lol

i just borged 30.8 GHZ more tonight in a computer lab. they only go for about 13 hours a day 5 days a week though. i want to build a 30 gig farm that will fold 24/7 that would be a boost there.

MLMIB said:
dear me, another one of you to be on my threat list, sheesh, when can a man rest.
im just getting started, tommorrow night maybe another 30 to 40 ghz. :)

and i also have a plan for the future that wont so much bring my personal count up but its gonna bring up team 32 pretty strong.

rhino56 said:
i just borged 30.8 GHZ more tonight in a computer lab. they only go for about 13 hours a day 5 days a week though. i want to build a 30 gig farm that will fold 24/7 that would be a boost there.

if i figure it right I figure that to work out to about 20 gigs folding 24/7/365?

DAMN IT! I can't keep up with you people :temper:

I don't even bother to do the math on my borgs anymore(or bother to update honestly) I just borg, do what they give me, 'n see what comes up. my cpu count is almost as high as wedo or nik(I forget which one...) that or it's close, I forget, it's late 'n I'm studing, well supposed to be

rhino56 said:

That equates roughly to 12GHZ full time :D

BTW you are lucky to have access to rigs that you can borg

One question - Do you have permission? :cool:

MLMIB said:
I don't even bother to do the math on my borgs anymore(or bother to update honestly) I just borg, do what they give me, 'n see what comes up. my cpu count is almost as high as wedo or nik(I forget which one...) that or it's close, I forget, it's late 'n I'm studing, well supposed to be
i dont really count what i have, i only look at what i am going to be getting, and i count it over and over and over. lol

Mark620 said:
That equates roughly to 12GHZ full time :D

BTW you are lucky to have access to rigs that you can borg

One question - Do you have permission? :cool:
kinda sorta, not at a state level but at a private in house level. technically the state owns them but they are under private authority. i cant say who though so dont ask.
but there is no in house techs so any rig that breaks they get taken out to be repaired, and they are usually full of messengers, spyware and all kinds of crap by then. but im going to see if i am able to work part time as in house tech for them.
then as far as lucky goes i will be beyond lucky, there are about 350 to 400 comps that would open up to me.
so im hoping i can get the budget director to fit it in the budget.

MLMIB said:
hey, watch what ya say about us work week folders, once we get goin we can fly

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=4547

gotta watch out for my little relatives too ya know.

if imog picks on ya anymore, lemme know ^_~

I wasn't knocking you bud... I had 26 folders on friday - I now am listed at stanford with 17 after the weekend... I hope I just have some rigs that took a break for the weekend and I didn't actually lose all those. :-/

Back