• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5 or Creamique for 9800PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catalan

Looking to to softmod my R9800P w/ R360 to XT, but I want to first make sure it runs XT speeds w/o artifacts. Which thermal compound would be better to put on this core. It's currently cooled by a VGA Silencer Rev3 w/ the white goop it came with.

asc is cheap and abundant, and will perform closely to as5. as5 would probly do better, but id use asc.

I would use AS5. Always been very pleased with AS no reason to move to Ceramique

I happen to have both on hand so I used ceramique for the video card and as5 on the cpu.

AS5 here also,It goes on all my stuff ( NB,CPU,Video card).. Just gotta be carefull not to use too much and get it on other parts..

I see most people like AS5 but I have found Ceramique to be easy to apply and clean and unless I can be shown different I recall seeing most tests showing Ceramique to be on par or better than AS5 . Things may have changed but that is what I recall .

Don't forget that Ceramique has the other bonus of being less conductive .

Back