• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low 3dmark01se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I have always had low score in 3dmark01se, and I though it was hardware related, my first score with the 9800pro a 2.0ghz AXP(12x166) 2x256mb pc2700 was 13k, so after reading some post on how to get higher scores I fixed some drivers issues and my score when all the way up to 17k, but after that I got a 2.4ghz AXP-m (11x220), 2x512 pc3500, and this same 9800pro at default speeds my score stayed in the same 17k, it is set to optimal performance in the control panel, both the video card and chipset drivers are up to date never had an older driver intalled before them since I intalled them after a fresh install. In 3dmark03 my score seems alright but I feel they are a little low for what I have 58XX3dmarks. What can I do to improve these scores.

Thanks in advance.

edit: oops forgot to put "scores" in the title.

Last edited:
Default clocks, core 378/338 mem, I don't need it overclocked to play my games but I don't like the feeling that something is wrong with this my system.

with a oc on your vid card, up to the 410-360 range, you would get better scores in both benches, but at your cards current speeds, i would think you would get a bit more.

are you running the benches at 2.4ghz or 2.6?

i get 20k and 6k with slightly lower clocks on my 9700pro.

have you updated your drivers lately?

are you sure everything is set to performance in the DP?

when was the last time you defragged?

do you have a spare HD you could try a fresh XP on, just to rule out a problem with hardware and not the install?

I've lost count of how many fresh install I had since the first benchmark and the scores pretty much stayed the same, everydrive is updated (4.9 catalyst,5.10 nForce drivers), and I ran the last benchmarks at 2.4 which has a higher fsb, the 2.6ghz is just my current highest stable oc, I hardly ever run it though, I defrag every friday, spyware and adware are removed also every week. Definately sure it's set to performance (just checked again). I'm just puzzled a lot of people have the same hardware, I used to get the same score on a different board as well.

maybe its all in the tweaking ;) i couldn't tell you what i've done special mind you.

i dunno, even at 2.4, you should be much higher i'd say. at 3.6ghz i get over 20k, but even at 3.3 i get 19743.

keep in mind this is an Athlon Xp, so it should be just as fast as a 3.4ghz Intel according to sandra.

oh i understand its a AXP, i've got one myself.

that's why i posted a compare for you around where i thought a 2.4axp would measure up.

Avg said:
keep in mind this is an Athlon Xp, so it should be just as fast as a 3.4ghz Intel according to sandra.

Keep in mind those Sandra scores are only for the CPU. Then the FSB of the P4 comes to play. Which does give 3DMark a slight boost. You should be getting higher. What FSB is your System running on? 2.4 with a higher FSB is able to give a higher score than 2.6 with a lower FSB.

Just so your post, and I'm running a fsb of 220mhz I could go with a higher clockspeed but my load temp is up to 50c and it makes me unconfortable going any higher. I ran 3Dmark01 on the second system on my sig and I also got scores with too, with a cpu at 12x200 2.4ghz and the ti4800se at default speeds I got 12K which from what I've seen on some reviews sites is pretty low, but that could be caused by drivers which I didn't have a chance to uninstall the old drivers to install the new ones.

edit: I was oc the ti and I didn't see any artifact in 3dmark but am I supposed to see thru the horse in one of those tests :D, and is there a ocing tool like atitool that checks for artifact for nvidia cards?

Last edited:
Another thing I just noticed after oc the card and running the benchmark, my score didn't change from the default clocks to the oc ones I think it was 435 core 375 mem.

oh yeah and um.....bump

Try disabling onboard sound (Onboard sound tends to eat a lot of CPU power).
Defragging your HDD doesn't help (My 2K1 score is VERY close to 11K (10995) with a Ti4200 and a Celeron 1.0A @ 1653MHz (164FSB), while using a PIO MODE HDD.....Compare URL).

Memory timings matter a lot, as does FSB, find a balance between those two.

Is it AGP x8 ? sometime it is werid to run only at x4 which the score can be something like that.

It's at 8x I've already checked and their is no sound during the tests so there is no problem with the onboard sound.

That is a little weird, I think it's FSB related though.... my brother has the same setup as you and I believe he's at a 260 FSB right now, and his 01 score is over 21k if I remember right.

That would be my diagnosis. You could PM him and ask... he's enduro .

Back