• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro/VGA Silencer Rev.3 OC post.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dwkearney

Registered
I was wondering what people are getting with a 9800 Pro with a silencer on it.

I got 439/365 with my ati 9800 pro 128 mb.

I'll have an answer for ya soon, but not yet. I've got one here that's going on my Sapphire 9800 Pro 256 (flashed to an XT) hopefully today. Once I've had chance to test it out, I'll be writing a review for the front page on it. ;)

*subscribes to thread, as I'm curious as to the answer here myself, of what I might get from my card* :p

HousERaT said:
462/390 VGA Silencer v3 & my 9800pro 128mb is flashed to XT.

Nice. If you're getting that, I ought to do well.

I've had one of the very early VGA Silencers (the original Rev. 1) on my card, with some teeny aluminum BGA ram sinks on the memory, and gotten reasonable close to those numbers (450/375 or 380 rings a bell).

I'd imagine I will be able to push the memory a bit more with the new Silencer, as the cooling will be better than those lil' aluminum sinks.

I'm not really expecting a better O/C on the core, but would like to see better temps where I've run it previously. If I can pull another 10 MHz I'd be very happy (and a bit surprised, actually).

i picked up the old silencer rev. 3 and i got 441/366 i didnt expect a huge increase but i got a decent one and my card is flashed to an xt....

Mr B said:
Nice. If you're getting that, I ought to do well.

I've had one of the very early VGA Silencers (the original Rev. 1) on my card, with some teeny aluminum BGA ram sinks on the memory, and gotten reasonable close to those numbers (450/375 or 380 rings a bell).

I'd imagine I will be able to push the memory a bit more with the new Silencer, as the cooling will be better than those lil' aluminum sinks.

I'm not really expecting a better O/C on the core, but would like to see better temps where I've run it previously. If I can pull another 10 MHz I'd be very happy (and a bit surprised, actually).

If you're talking about the ATI Silencer rev3, I don't know much about them..... I still have yet to see a good comparison between the ATI Silencer rev3 vs the VGA Silencer rev3... and I can't say whether the plate that goes on the ram is any good..... some people seem to think that since the plate has no fins on it, it wouldn't be the best form of cooling for a ram chip.

HousERaT said:
462/390 VGA Silencer v3 & my 9800pro 128mb is flashed to XT.

What bios did your flash yours with? Also what brand of 9800pro do you have? I have an ati 9800 pro 128 mb and I have been looking to xt flash it but I have an r350 core on it and im not sure if it will work?

dwkearney said:
What bios did your flash yours with? Also what brand of 9800pro do you have? I have an ati 9800 pro 128 mb and I have been looking to xt flash it but I have an r350 core on it and im not sure if it will work?

you can still flash the bios and gain some performance.... this is my favorite guide on the subject... basically just compare the card you have with the pics and use the bios suggested in the guide.

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=92&var2=0

also, how do you know it's a r350... from atitool?

Back