• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this possible with a BBA X800 Pro...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlee24219

Registered
Hello, I have one of the original x800 pro's and am wondering if this mod could be done with my card, which is built by ati. Here is the link to the mod I speak of...

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/rx800-3.html#p1

My card can overclock to the 520 core easily and at 570 mem without my ati silencer. I havent tried it with it on. Also notice in the link that the card they are modding has 2.0 ram and the non xt core numbers. So does this mean that I could do the pipe mod on my BBA x800 pro. I dont care about the clocks just the pipes. Also if i use the conductive varnish what harm could be done to the card if the pipe mod did not work? Thanks.

If it has 1.6NS ram, the rage theater chip, and the yellow connector, you have a XT PE core that failed for some reason at PE speeds :bday:

that's not what he is asking...

he has a card without the vivo and 2.0 ns memory.

from all the accounts i've seen, only a very small number (2) that i have read about have worked using the trace/conductive pen method.

i would caution against it as it will void your waranty.

although, it might be worth the shot if you are adventurous. personally i'm not going to bother for at least 6 months.

lmk how it goes if you do decide to do it though!

:beer:

all i want is a pro with 16 pipes. what are the chances of the pipe mod actually working, not worry about the clocks?

don't try it unless you are willing to sacrifice your card. the hard mod basically does not work for mayn people at all. i've got a x800 pro on the way and im not even gonna bother.

Back