• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New cpu, nice OC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oright

Registered
I fried my 1.2 a little while ago so i got a 1.3 ahjar. Ive got 152x10 at 1.75 volts (with pci at 44). I havnt pumped up the voltage yet, because a VERY reliable source told me that doing that would kill the cpu MUCH quicker.
I normally have to take the voltage to the max to get a good oc, but this time i got a good one without doing it, so I want to up the voltage hoping for 1.6+
Is this possible? Will increasing voltage kill the cpu faster?
Ive got 37c idle temp and a kt7ar.
Thanks for the help!

boost it ... a non oc'ed cpu works for about 8 - 10 years ... an oc'ed one half of that ... that means 4-5 years ... in 4-5 years a t bird 1.2 is worth 5$ so dont worry about the kill
what i cant say is that you might burn your cpu by getting temps that are too high ... its your call

Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah and should I try to keep voltage as low as possible?
Is more voltage a good thing? Someone please explain....
Thanks!

Have you tried 1.6 with default voltage yet?

I have a 1.4 that does 1.67 at default but won't do 1.73 with as much as a +0.3 increase...I get stop errors when loading the login screen.

I know yours is a 1.3 but it's worth a try...surprises are good.

Minimal increase in voltage won't really hurt the CPU in the long run anymore than the default. We're talking maybe a couple years knocked off of 10 in which case it would be way obsolete anyway. If you just pump it up to 1.9-1.95 I would say you don't need to worry.

Ive gotten to a point where I cant increase fsb or multiplier.
So is increasing voltage a good thing for performance? Or shall I keep it to what i need?

voltage makes no differance to performance, as long as your stable you don't need more voltage.

if your system is stable ... dont increase your voltage it wont do anything that could make your system better ... the only thing it could do is kill your cpu faster and increase the heat ...

Ok, now this is a little crazy.
I just increased voltage, im at 160x9.5 (pci@44) stable, and I have very bad cooling...... so Im wondering what this will do when I get watercooling... dude...........
Oh yeah, this whole time i havnt had a nb cooler, no hinges......

Back