• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIW 9800 Pro vs AIW 9700. Which one to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

The AIW 9800 Pro costs $305 vs the AIW 9700 cost $195 on newegg. I need an AIW because I don't have a PCI slot to spare to get a seperate tv-tuner. So with that said, which card should I get? Is the AIW 9800 Pro really worth $110 more? The gaming performance is marginally better, I don't know anything about how much better the tv-tuner aspects are. Right now I'm leaning towards getting the AIW 9700.

if your a gamer, the 9800 is gonna be better. If you are just kinda game, and are really gonna use the tv tuner, get the 9700

they are close enough.

the only way you get a REAL step up from a AIW9700pro is to get a x800pro and a seperate card, or the AIWx800xt-pe, and FAT chance finding one of those. besides you would have to sell your house to get it.

i'd say, for the price diff, get the aiw9700...the extra 110 can be put towards a way nicer monitor, or something.

He said he can't have a separate tuner!

Overclocking a 9700 will yield you between 9800 and 9800pro performance on average.

Back