• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ineed of imidiate help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barrman

Registered
Right I rebuilt my watercooling system, did a clean install and after I loaded the catalist drivers my screen went screwy and then black. So I clean installed again and tried an older version which i know has worked befor. Same problem. I have tried loading every driver on at a time in different orders and every time something goes crazy and the screen goes crazy (imtalking vertical lines of random colors and partial black outs and stuff) then it goes black and everything freezes. I can boot into safe mode just fine and everything works. I have no Idea what is going on. I am going to try flashing the card but I doubt that is the problem. It is not overclocked and it is not overheating. Remeber it works and safe mode and refuses to work when any type of driver is installed.

Help Help Help Im ready to throw a brick at it.

try setting the hertz to 65 and the resolution to 800x600
how old is your card?
also try locking the agp in the bios to 33.66
i had a card do that to me and i finally got it working it would get all screwy with checkers and fuzzy display. i rma'ed it because it was brand new.

its a 9800pro, im running winxp pro.The drivers currently are the newest catylist 501 I think but i have tried older versions with no luck. the agp bus is locked at 66hz (or mhz i forget which) Resolutio does not matter. It still goes crazy. im beginning to think it might be fried. Im trying to find some one to loan me there card to check and see but it could be a while. any more suggestions?

That would be the first step. Switch it out with a card that is known to work to isolate the problem.

have you installed any other programs recently?
if you have any ocing things like ati tool try removing them

no other programs this was a clean install. i don't know what is wrong? and its going to be at least a day or two befor I can switch cards.

//stares at hammer longingly//

Back