• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

defective video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

messiahxx

Registered
hi, i am a newbie at this and would like to acquire some of your professional opinions regarding the status on my video card. Few month ago I built an computer and purchased an OEM ati 9100 128m video card from newgg.com, after piecing the computer together I find no problem or what so ever with the video card until recently when I tried to play warcraft3 and notice that there is a lot of flickering and strips when I start the game. Suspecting that it met relates to the video card I installed another game that’s based on direct3d shadowbane2 and finds the exact same problem.

I tried to install the latest drivers for the video card but that didn’t help either can anybody tell me if there is any other way/programs that I can try to test and see if my video card is most definitely broken? I am very confused because everything else other then a few games seems to be working just fine. P.S: it does work on some of the games that I own such as sims, sim city, sims2

MSI DELTA-L mobo
corsair 2x512 ram
barton 2500
VGA ATIOEM|RADEON9100 128M DDR DVI%
2x160 gb samsung/maxtor hd
mad dog 6in1 dominator dvd+/- rw

Do u mean a black screen flash on a random level, but the game still continues? My old 9200 did the same thing recently. That's why I got the 9600xt. I never knew why that card did that, maybe the recent cat drivers?

Back