• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I feel the need to cry T_T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

cry2.jpg

I got this chip a while ago, and just got this ram like... a little over a week ago. I have to say, its been a bit of an ordeal. i couldnt get it to work stable at 200 due to heat.. thats a no brainer. went out today and got a REALLY good deal on a v9, which is not the best cooler, but think of raping it for its fan and its fine. well i have to use it for now, next week i want to buy a better cooler but i dont know if its really worthwhile for this.
I want to start assembling water cooling parts, and possibly replace this cpu. i must draw attention to the vcore on this *should read 1.85 but it fluctuates between 1.81 and 1.86* to reach 2300.
201 mhz is stable, where 202, is unstable... so i would need liek 1.9+ to do more and that is just way too high for the results i think.
sooooo i guess ill skimp and save my monies for a mobile 2600+. they seem to be consistantly high ocers on this board and a slk 700 or somthing to use untill i get that water rig in place.

ah well. i got a good deal on this chip. it was liek $120 from a guy at a local comp store. thats not a bad price since the going rate for a desktop 2600+ is $139 + 14.5% sales tax.

ah well. cry with me. this ram consistantly clocks to 225 on 2-2-2 at stock voltage.
Incidently, this is running on the v9 right now. its severely lapped with the smartfan 2 installed using my zalman fan bracket. no grill, no shroud just. bam. running at 4000 rpm, load temp was 49.5. me thinks that with a thermalright, that will be closer to 40... with 1.85... thats curiously low o_O.

Last edited:
Back