• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internship?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

9mmCensor

Disabled
Anyone ever heard of internships with ATI?

Their head office, in toronto, is accesible to me, so I thought it would be killer to have an internship with them.

I am in my first year of a computer science major now, so its something to work for.

That would be a sweet internship. Maybe skim through this. I know it's for Career opportunities, but maybe you can get in touch with someone. Go to job fairs at your college and start getting to know the right people, hand them your resume.... you probabily already know all this :D I'm looking to score one too sometime soon. Also, from what I have heard, they usually look at juniors that have some sort of experience (grades matter too).

How do you like computer science? What language are you guys dealing with?

dreIU said:
That would be a sweet internship. Maybe skim through this. I know it's for Career opportunities, but maybe you can get in touch with someone. Go to job fairs at your college and start getting to know the right people, hand them your resume.... you probabily already know all this :D I'm looking to score one too sometime soon. Also, from what I have heard, they usually look at juniors that have some sort of experience (grades matter too).

How do you like computer science? What language are you guys dealing with?
I like it alot, taking some Sociology (yawn) and Cultural Studies (cool) and philosophy will be my electives next year (go Logic).

Learning C now, which is pretty solid.

Hopefully they dont look at my grades from highschool, because those just show that I did enough to get into university, and spent alot of time playing games.

High school is long behind, specially by the time you become a junior. I dont think you have much to worry about. I hear you on that sociology, I took a course in it last semester, and it was one of the worst classes. I also took philosophy, which was way harder than what I thought it would be.

When I first came to college, my major was CS, but I didnt like it much at all. Now I am doing Informatics, which is fun IMO.

Back